Strategic Accounts Manager
The Miami Herald
Posted on July 27, 2017
Kansas City, Dallas/Fort Worth, Columbus/Macon, Miami, Seattle, Boise, Raleigh, Charleston/Greenville, SC, Sacramento/Fresno
The Strategic Account Manager is an important role in driving digital revenue for large local accounts. This individual is responsible for developing and executing initiatives for client acquisition and revenue generating activity across our fast growing digital business. This position assists in the development and execution of all digital advertising strategies, along with new product and market development to grow revenue and market share. Primary responsibilities include direct sales, client development and engagement, product knowledge and modeling. The ideal candidate will balance leveraging existing client relationships to transition legacy business to rapid, digital growth in addition to prospecting and acquiring new business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, assess, and develop plans for areas for growth (cross-sell/up-sell/new customers) within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography and share insights with local sales team
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a CIA (needs analysis)
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients within local markets
- Smoothly transition accounts to and from other teams as necessary based on spending level and customer needs
- Assist local markets and strategic sales teams with sales process and strategy to close additional, incremental revenues
- Assist with executing company Big Ask and Agency Launch initiatives and strategies
- Ability to identify prospects and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Act as key client advocate and liaison
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Should be able to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Exhibits technical competency (i.e. updated our CRM, completing client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc…)
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Has deep understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Attends local networking events to become clear media leader
- Work effectively within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 3-4 years prior digital media account management experience required; digital agency experience preferred.
- This person must be highly organized, with charismatic and varied communication style. Familiar with both online and offline work.
- Juggles priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client.
- Communicates skillfully.
- Appreciates creative and design aesthetics.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%).
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
Is searching for the best of the best.
And we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy…at the heart of what matters.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.