PipefittersWilliam R. Nash, Inc
William R. Nash, Inc. a national & international plumbing & mechanical contractor has openings on projects in Homestead, FL. Must have commercial experience. Paid vacation, holidays, 401(k), medical & dental insurance available.
Drug Free Work Place & Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pipe fitters Job Duties:
1) Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
2) Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
3) Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
4) Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
5) Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
6) Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
7) Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
8) Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
9) Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
10) Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
11) Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems.
12) Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
13) Remove and replace worn components.
14) Prepare cost estimates for clients.
15) Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
16) Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
17) Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.