Planning and Project Management Office Director
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Planning and Project Management Office Director with the Office of OneIT department.
- Bachelor’s degree plus ten years related experience
- Five years or more of leadership experience
- Full project life cycle experience on IT projects
- Applied understanding of IT project management standards and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience using various forms of project management disciplines (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, especially Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
Essential Job Duties:
The Director, Planning and Project Management Office reports directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Planning and Projects and manages the OneIT Planning and Project Management Office.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- Support projects by escalating and removing barriers and providing research and analysis that supports decision-making processes at a senior management level.
- Demonstrates significant skill and experience with University platforms and processes.
- Develops and maintains best-in-class project management methodologies, standards, and tools to support business objectives within the PPMO and to project leaders across OneIT.
- Acts as the intermediary between the business unit and OneIT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve desired outcomes.
- Possess the competencies expected of a Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst.
- Effectively mentor junior PPMO colleagues in perfecting these skills.
- Broad understanding of technology, business operations, and project management principles.
- Deep understanding of IT project and portfolio management principles, strong analytical and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization.
- Works closely with the IT Portfolio Manager to ensure that the portfolio is always updated and that the right projects are implemented at the right time with the right resources.
- Supervise the PPMO staff
- Develop reusable templates and processes for the PPMO and other OneIT project leaders
- Oversee the implementation of large, complex, high-cost and high-risk IT projects and programs
- Create and deliver reports to key stakeholders
- Project and Program Management
- Act as a consultant to project sponsors and other key stakeholders
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply on-line at https://jobs.uncc.edu. Search for job #009066. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.