Hospitalist Clinician-Educator Track (Assistant Professor of Clinical)
TITLE: Hospitalist Clinician-Educator Track
INSTITUITION: University of Miami
DIVISION: Hospital Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief, Division of Hospital Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor
SALARY RANGE: $227,000-$235,000
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
The hospitalist in the clinical track is responsible for providing direct in-patient medical care to adult patients on medical and surgical services. He/she will also provide in-patient and out-patient medical consultation in a variety of settings. He/she will be will be involved with medical student, resident and fellow education. He/she must be leading an educational or administrative project within the division
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Direct care to adult non-surgical hospitalized patients
- Consultation for hospitalized patients on any service
- Coordinate internal medicine subspecialty care
- Consultation for non service unit patients by telephone
- Participate in quality improvement activities
- Participate in committee work
- Participate in medical student, resident and fellow education
- Provide leadership for academic projects in education, quality and safety or division/departmental administration
- Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency
- Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
- Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
- There will be work on weekends, nights and holidays based on the needs of the Division
- Must be able to physically respond when on-call
- Hospital maintains safety and infection control programs in place to reduce risk to employee
No age requirements are associated with this position.