This position will support clinical genetics initiatives across medical school. The incumbent will work closely with other members of the Department of Human Genetics to ensure these initiatives are successful in diagnosing and treating those patients who are suspected of having a genetic disorder, providing in patient consultations, covering genetics calls, supporting newborn screening program, and assisting treatments of metabolic disorders. He or she will be responsible for maintaining a high level of quality in our clinical programs, provide needed medical genetics services in our various clinics with the long-term goal of securing the growth potential of the Department of Human Genetics
- Supports the development and execution of initiatives in alignment with Department of Human Genetics
- Participates in meetings held in the Department
- Collaborates with providers across medical school
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives to improve coordination of care.
- Participation in patient, community, philanthropy, and outreach activities.
- Supports advanced practice providers as their collaborating physician.
- Establish research opportunities that are aligned with the Department`s mission.
- Works closely with members of the John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics for research objectives.
- Optimizes tools and functions in the electronic medical record in collaboration with information technology.
- Develops initiatives to provide state-of-the-art, patient centered resources with the goal to assure highest standard of excellence.
- Works collaboratively with other physicians, allied health providers to effectively guide patients and families in utilizing the program while emphasizing a team approach to evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintains open and regular communication with other departments and department leadership in all areas related to program’s activity, education activities, research, and patient care.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Job Requirements: M.D. or M.D./Ph.D., Board Certified or eligible by the American Board of Medical Genetics (Clinical Genetics), Licensed or eligible by the state of Florida.
Applicants must apply online along with current CV.