Asst Vice Provost of Admissions, Enrollment Management, Hybrid
Asst Vice Provost of Admissions, Enrollment Management, Hybrid
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati is a public, urban, Research 1 university that recently joined the Big 12. Three campuses and a robust online offering are home to 51,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 340,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
University of Cincinnati has had unprecedented growth, seeing more than a 15% growth in the past decade, and growing 3,000 students year over year for fall 2024. More than a decade of record enrollment has also seen significant increases in student access with significant growth in under-represented and first-generation students.
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Assistant Vice Provost (AVP) for Admissions and Enrollment provides successful strategic leadership and direction for admissions-related policies and operations-related functions to lead University of Cincinnati's strategic admissions and enrollment efforts. The Assistant Vice Provost will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction of enrollment. In alignment with the university's key drivers and Next Lives Here direction, and goals for growth and access, the Assistant Vice Provost will lead efforts to establish a data-driven and forward-thinking enrollment model that includes shared services and supports unique college needs. The AVP oversees offices of undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions, the transfer center, and international admissions leading the process of enrollment as well as strategic process improvement. This oversight includes strategy and operations for all three of University of Cincinnati's campuses covering degree programs from certificates and associate's degrees to bachelor's and master's degrees and terminal degrees included doctorate and professional degrees.
This position will offer flexibility for a hybrid remote schedule for applicants with a residence within OH/IN/KY once training is complete. Remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
Leadership & Strategy
University of Cincinnati's "Next Lives Here" strategic direction outlines the university's goals towards "Strategic Sizing" initiative to grow enrollment in university degree programs to focus on access to higher education opportunities, increase degree attainment in the region, and promote economic development by providing a highly skilled and credentialed workforce. The university leverages their #1 rank in cooperative education and the integral role that experiential learning plays at UC to achieve unparalleled job placement and integration with business and industry partners. Growing to 51,000 students in fall 2023, the university anticipates growing to 60,000 students by 2030. The AVP for admissions and enrollment not only leads university strategy for admissions and oversees a diverse series of offices and operations but also coordinates with campus partners in colleges and programs. This supports UC's commitment to academic strength and the decentralized culture for admissions and operations.
- Seven (7) years of experience in admissions or enrollment management field and/or equivalent experience in student success or student service roles.
- Three (3) years of supervision with an emphasis on the professional development of staff members.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Master's or doctoral degree ideal or Ten (10) years of progressive work experience in higher education in a related field in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading enrollment growth at the undergraduate and graduate level including growth in first-time students, transfer, and non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing strategic plans operational excellence and optimization.
- Demonstrated use of data and data analytics to guide strategy, decisions, and to deliver outcomes.
- Strong understanding of customer service, shared responsibility and technology consolidation models, and digital transformation strategies.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven experience in developing marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Proven experience in building relationships with the university community to facilitate conversations on strategic growth and student success.
- Proven experience in building relationships and working with a variety of stakeholders across the organization (Deans, Administrative and other leaders, Students, Faculty, Staff etc.).
- Proven experience in managing teams, budgets, resource allocation, and procurement processes.
- Expertise in relevant legal and regulatory frameworks related to admissions and enrollment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex concepts to all stakeholders.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
If interested, please apply online at https://bit.ly/4797B5k
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.