News ProducerThe Seattle Times
The Seattle Times, the Pulitzer Prize-winning media company, is hiring for a creative News Producer to join our newsroom. As the News Producer, you will develop, edit and format content for Seattle Times digital products with an emphasis on audience engagement and seek innovative ways to tell and promote stories. This individual is a core member of our digital audience team and plays a crucial role in maintaining our connections with readers as well as drawing in new ones. The successful candidate will be a big-picture thinker who also pays attention to detail, has expertise in web and mobile analytics, is a strong communicator, loves problem-solving and exhibits nimbleness, diplomacy, productivity, news judgment, sensitivity and taste.
- Curating and producing the seattletimes.com homepage and other parts of the website
- Sending news alerts, including mobile push notifications
- Posting Seattle Times content to social media and engaging with readers
- Monitoring trends and readership analytics in real time
- Strategizing and monitoring the wider adoption of readership analytics in the newsroom.
- Working closely with the digital audience editor and business intelligence to optimize the newsroom’s analytics tools
- Providing accurate and timely news updates during breaking news
- Participating in discussions of newsroom digital and social media strategies
- Experience: Two years of professional experience in a related position preferred, such as Digital Editor, Engagement Specialist, Content Manager or related role.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism/communication or a related field required (or equivalent experience).
- Previous professional experience working in digital news media.
- Familiarity with tools for web publishing and analytics, including Chartbeat and Google Analytics.
- Expertise in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media.
- Native-level fluency with the web, social-media savvy and a deep understanding of how people consume information on multiple devices and platforms.
- Strong knowledge of AP style, news judgment and journalistic ethics.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.8 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.