Strategic Account Executive (Advertising)The Miami Herald
Miami Herald a McClatchy company has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Marketing Consultant to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team!
The Strategic Marketing Consultant plays an essential role in current account growth as well as new business growth. The Strategic Marketing Consultant’s (SMC) primary focus is to grow business from current and acquired customers, through current and new sales channels across a devoted region. The SMC must be articulate, polished, possess good judgment, have in-depth knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are a must. Digital-specific experience and expertise required.
- Independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new
- Understand client’s business and products / services.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth within a current customer base
- Works proactively and efficiently through company data and insight tools to perform the job most effectively, including utilization of CRM tool.
- Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
- Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved by client. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
- Monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
- Develop proactive business-building ideas for client.
- Able to identify and capture new business revenue.
- Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business.
- Understands each client and their unique business need to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Has deep understanding of local markets) & competitive landscape.
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of prior sales experience, preferably in a new business or an account acquisition centric role(s).
- Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline and sales performance pressures are essential.
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance.
The full-time position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.