Single Copy Lead - Newspaper Retail SalesThe Miami Herald
Single Copy Lead - Newspaper Retail Sales
We're looking for an experienced newspaper Single Copy Lead for this growing market. In this market you'll be responsible for retail sales of The Miami Herald, el Nuevo Herald and over a dozen other local and national titles, sold in retail stores, hotels, businesses and the airport.
Are you a dynamic, self-starter with newspaper single copy background, retail sales experience and leadership skills? If yes, read on to learn more about this position.
As our Single Copy Lead - Newspaper Retail Sales you will:
- Have local responsibility for supporting single copy and digital single copy audience growth and revenue for our numerous properties.
- Be responsible for all aspects of operation - managing distribution agreements, billing and collections, maximizing sales opportunities - with the sum total resulting in making revenue targets. This includes but is not limited to each newspaper’s retail sales locations, newsrack locations, business traveler, retail & business, hawking, retail partnership programs, digital single copy, commemorative sections / special days, and additional revenue product sales.
- Be responsible for merchandising retail accounts, building relationships with retailers, ensuring proper marketing materials and point-of-sale materials are in market, and coordinating field marketing efforts.
Come join the vibrant Miami Herald team!
- Develop and maintain personal interaction with retail owners, managers, and clerks to ensure high quality customer service within assigned territory.
- Resolve customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Execute successful co-promotions with retail outlets to increase sales and number of permanent high traffic locations.
- Collect and turn in money from retail or other locations as needed.
- Manage distribution agreements or perform other items related to single copy logistics. This includes negotiating contracts, rates and audits.
- Monitors and adjusts draws to maximize sales, keeping sell outs, returns and scan loses at optimum levels.
- Maintains rate accuracy for all accounts. This includes billing and system accuracy. Regularly conducts audits.
- Solicit and secure new sales outlets and rack locations within assigned territory.
- Gather market information that will contribute to sales growth and customer service.
- Complete weekly territory route with pictures and submit results.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on racks or replace with new one, and report deficiencies as needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies and procedures and ensure a safe work environment.
- Coordinates printing, distribution and execution on retail marketing materials.
- Responsible for supporting, communicating and adhering to the newspaper’s mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the key performance indicator targets for each newspaper.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2+ years field marketing experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 pounds (marketing materials, newspaper bundles, newsracks) and move carts as needed.
- Ability to calculate collections totals, count money, and provide basic accounts receivables information
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work collaboratively
- Professional and courteous in dealing with customers, colleagues, employees and managers
- Concise and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license