Collections RepresentativeThe Miami Herald
The position has collections responsibility for McClatchy sites and a core responsibility for Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald collections.
This position will focus on in-field, face-to-face B2B collection calls for past due accounts in all stages of delinquency. Required: B2B collections experience.
Have you been successful in B2B collection efforts?
Would you thrive in an opportunity working in the field, the majority of your time (85-90%) and in the office the remainder of your schedule?
Are you professional in your interactions and have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills?
If YES, read on.
McClatchy has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Field Collection Representative, located in our Miami Herald Media Company in Doral, FL.
As the Field Collections Representative, you will focus on in-field, face-to-face B2B collection calls for past due accounts in all stages of delinquency. We are seeking individuals who are self-motivated with great interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism.
Note: This is a 40 hour per week position paying between $15.00-$17.00/hour, based on experience and will have a flexible schedule with daylight hours, Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for all aspects of On-Demand collections for the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald. This includes in person collections from retailers and other businesses, over the phone collections, and communication in person, by phone, email, fax or other methods as needed
- Travel within the greater Miami area (85-90% of your schedule) to collect on past due B2B accounts
- Work collaboratively with team members, employees, collection vendors and billing vendors
- Execute on strategy and collection plans that align with sales and revenue targets for each market
- High school diploma or GED
- B2B collections experience
- Transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. You will be required to use your personal vehicle to travel to business customer sites and will be reimbursed for mileage used for work related travel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, primarily Monday through Friday, daylight hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and comfortable learning new computer software and systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be professional in your interactions and work cohesively with all personality types
- Bilingual English/Spanish both verbal and written is HIGHLYdesirable