Operations Specialist - School of Architecture
Job Title: Operations Specialist - School of Architecture
Job ID: 24279
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Operations Specialist will report to the Dean of the Spitzer School of Architecture at The City College of New York. This position will work directly with the Chair, Deputy Chair, Directors of Student Affairs, and Director of Finance and Administration by assisting in the day-to-day operations and communications as well as generally assisting in all aspects of the school’s activities.
In addition to the CUNY title Overview, the Operations Specialist duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee building systems, services, and repairs in collaboration with the Office of Facilities Management, as well as building safety issues with the Office of Public Safety
- Work with the school’s faculty and students with projects and programs and liaise with students, faculty, campus stakeholders and external organizations to oversee the installation, staffing and overall operations of gallery exhibits, visiting architectural and student exhibitions
- Plan and/or collaborate with campus personnel to plan and execute special events such as conferences, gallery exhibits, workshops, etc.
- Assist with developing strategic plans, evaluating outcomes, and ensuring compliance with legal requirement
- Facilitate with event announcements and promotions
- Work with the Director of Finance and Administration to manage all purchases, PO requests, supply orders, and travel & net card approvals
- Liaise with the School's faculty, staff, and students as the day-to-day administrative contact regarding issues with pertinent City College offices including but not limited to Security, Student Affairs, Human Resources, Payroll, and Development
- Maintain and update the school’s course offerings in the enterprise system (CUNYfirst & Coursedog) for registration purposes
- Troubleshoot all departmental registration issues and scheduling problems with the Student Affairs staff, the Chair and other departments across campus. Prepare, transmit, and manage the storage of all records and communications pertinent to the school’s operation and activities
- Work with the Dean to provide recommendations for improvements in department performance, specifically related to information processing through effective system management and staff development
- May supervise and assign work to clerical staff and student workers
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Four years of experience as a supervisor preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal communication, writing and computer skills.
- Strong familiarity and ease with data programs also preferred
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the office.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 24279
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on June 14, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.