Chef/Hospitality Aboard Aquarium Research VesselShedd Aquarium
Oversee the food preparation and service, housekeeping and the accommodations of the R/V Coral Reef II with the goal of providing an excellent guest experience.
This position's responsibilities include: Oversees meal planning, presentation and delivery for participants and crew aboard the vessel.
- Accommodates for food allergies and dietary requirements and provisions accordingly.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary galley for the preparation of meals.
- Purchase, pack and store food for the meals that will be prepared on the vessel.
- Keep an accurate inventory of food stores on board.
- Prepare and serve appealing meals in a timely fashion (as dictated by captain and trip leader) and be prepared to eat dinner with the guests unless otherwise required for duties by the captain.
- Owns and maintain a vehicle capable of carrying out shopping needs and other job related errands. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Record, handle and account for money spent for food and cleaning supplies including billing and collecting of checks and invoices. Oversee the housekeeping and laundry needs for the vessel
- Perform daily housekeeping duties while underway to include cleaning of the common areas of the ship, bathrooms and emptying trash from heads and cabins.
- Ensures all rooms and clean and tidy each day.
- Oversees inventory of toiletries, linens, towels, blankets and pillows and recommends replacement when necessary.
- Deliver and pick up laundry. Perform deckhand responsibilities
- Assist in the safe departure and arrival of the vessel. To include handling lines and anchoring vessel.
- Perform maintenance on the vessel independently, with guidance from the captain and first mate.
- Operate small boats as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
We want to hear from you if you have a few years of experience cooking professionally and planning meals for groups, love to provide excellent customer service and preferably have experience as a deckhand or handling boat lines. This position includes a competitive base salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, life insurance, a company matching 401(k), and a paid time off package.