Senior Child Welfare Trainer (R24-06) - NYC
Senior Child Welfare Trainer (R24-06)
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Child Welfare Trainer position in PDP’s Department of Child Welfare Training. This position is located in Albany, NY with the option to work remotely, and requires regular travel throughout New York State.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the program manager or designee, provide instructor-led classroom-based delivery of continuing professional education programming for state staff, caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies to support effective casework practices. The Senior Child Welfare Trainer will collaborate with a training and curriculum development team, serving as master trainer. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering training on project topics including, but not limited to, FASP, Progress Notes, and other documentation-related Special Topics to state staff, caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies.
- Participating in the planning and development of training delivery plans and curricula for a variety of performance-based training, including updating, maintaining, and developing instructional materials (print and digital) and performing research for and assisting in the design of curriculum, related materials, and visual aids.
- Monitoring training deliveries and materials to assure quality and conformance with project objectives.
- Conducting training needs assessments and interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training programs and delivery plans.
- Maintaining complete records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in accordance with procedures, as well as preparing routine reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in workforce training and training-related experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in a local social services district or voluntary agency providing child welfare services.
- Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to learn new processes and become familiar with training content in a timely fashion.
- Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging, relative to their role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Human Services, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in child welfare services.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be between $57,000 and $60,927. To apply, go to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=172212. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a first interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a second interview will be asked to present training material to the interview committee. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Please see the RF Benefits Flyer for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htmAs an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.