Financial & Budget Analyst
Pharma International Group has an excellent opportunity for an organized, high-energy, efficient Financial & Budget Analyst to join our fast-paced environment, to assist company’s management in performing financial, budget, and accounting functions. As an integral part of the project management team, the Financial & Budget Analyst will be responsible for assisting with budget development, project financial forecasting and development of other project metrics, as well as generating project analytics such as cost to complete, burn rate analysis and cause of change cost assessments for our projects. The Financial & Budget Analyst is responsible for assisting Upper Management in performing Financial Analysis, Risk Management, and Governance analysis for contributing to the successful delivery of initiatives within the company according to measures of scope, time, cost, and quality. In addition, he or she supports the realization of project planning and control processes, project management tools, and drives the resolution of program risks and issues. Compile qtrly/monthly performance measurement reports outlining performance of defined benefit/defined contribution plan investment strategies & draft company recommendations based on said performance. Additionally, design and implement internal controls, policies and procedures for all company’s divisions to assure compliance with internal procedures. Last but not least, he or she is responsible for implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive “Revenue Recognition Process”; and performing Standard Costing and Activity Based Costing (ABC) Analysis, and performing other financial related duties as required.
What You’ll Do
- Assist company’s management in financial aspects of all company products and services. Interface with procurement, project managers and corporate managers to provide integration and analytics for product development projects.
- Work with project managers and project sponsors to develop project budgets.
- Work with project manager on cost control and overall project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability.
- Prepare and manage project financial dashboards, including monthly project analytics.
- Maintain the financial folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including variance analysis, capital purchases, labor consumption and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements.
- Budget Management of the Company in order to monitor the expenses and to assure the funding of the operations.
- Administration of the governance and legal framework applicable to the Company.
- Assist Financial Manager compile qtrly/monthly performance measurement reports & draft recommendations based on said performance.
- Compiling and tracking KPIs and other metrics for projects members; creating summaries which analyze earnings releases.
- Setting the risk tolerance, identifying potential risks and prioritize the tolerance for risk based on the objectives, and manage and mitigate risks throughout the company.
- Conducting periodic compliance program and risk assessments to the governance system.
- Conduct business analysis to create business requirements, use-case scenarios, data flow diagrams, function specifications and other technical documentation.
- Establishment and development of the action plan needed to achieve the short, medium and long term objectives and the metrics (KPIs) to appraise its effectiveness.
- Helping to summarize key themes and assumptions found in research reports produced by project analysts.
- Review and evaluate the reliability and effectiveness of all operating procedures and the accuracy of existing record-keeping systems.
- Review existing policies and control procedures to ensure full compliance with government statutes and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Sound working knowledge of Financial, Risk Management & Accounting Software. Experience in budgetary planning/management, financial analysis, budget analysis or a related field is a plus. A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required; experience with Microsoft, Great Plains (GP), or Accounting systems, Forecaster, and MRI applications is a plus. Strong analytical skills; meticulous and thorough in data review methods; and solid communication skills and ability to interact with all employees.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required, with relevant finance and reporting experience and 4+ years minimum experience in budgetary planning/management, financial analysis, or a related field. Strong investment analysis skills, with some risk management, tax planning and asset allocation experience preferred.
To apply, please e-mail your resume in PDF or Word format with references to email@example.com, and refer to the job code FBA.