Onyx Armor USA has an excellent opportunity for an organized, high-energy, efficient Marker Maker to join our high-end fast-paced environment, and be responsible for creating and distributing markers for Production Department (Plotter's Area), Patterns, Digitizer and Grading Models in Pattern Design System. This position is accountable for creating markers using Gerber CAD Systems to achieve the best material utilization possible. Markers are tailored to specific Purchase Orders from Commercial Area. Part of the Marker Maker’s responsibilities is also daily communication with Commercial and Production Areas.
Key Area of Responsibilities:
- Creating & updating production markers to specific P.O.s in Gerber Systems, tailored to Commercial’s cutting room standards.
- Plotting and/or e-mailing markers & patterns to Commercial Area in accordance with Production Schedule.
- Creating markers for best material utilization while respecting pattern and fabric quality boundaries.
- Calculating yields for costing and material ordering purposes.
- Creating markers for new samples.
- Use spatial visualization and reasoning to review markers and optimize fabric utilization.
- Review bill of materials (BOMs), pattern files, and markers to determine fabric consumption.
- Work closely with the Cutting Supervisor to manage day-to-day cutting issues and needs.
- Accurately prepare cut tickets and work orders for the cutting team.
- Maintenance of plotters and tracking of plotter’s utilization.
- Pattern Marker, Digitizer and Grading models.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on the local market trends.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
Cooperation & Dependability
- Satisfactorily complete all duties as assigned by management.
- Is punctual and adheres to designated work schedule.
- Is flexible and works well with peers and management to accomplish goals.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- High School or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in marker making, using Gerber CAD Systems, manual cutting.
- Knowledge of pattern making is mandatory.
- Experience with military and police garments is an asset.
- Experience with auto cutter would be an asset.
- Ability work independently, with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work with people at all organizational levels, especially in a team environment.
- Should be organized, detail oriented, team player, multi task oriented.
To apply, please email CV to email@example.com and refer to the job code MMaker.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.