Business Systems & Quality Analyst
The Business Systems & Quality Analyst supports change management, gathers requirements, and documents complex technical business processes to reduce risk in the organization. This position serves on the Project Management & Business Analysis team to ensure best practices in project management, business analysis, and change management. In addition, he or she collaborates closely with business teams on corporate-wide strategic initiatives to develop, document, and implement departmental and organizational priority projects, process improvements, and procedures.
Role and Responsibilities:
Business Systems Requirements & Documentation
- Serve as systems analyst ensuring a consistent approach to the documentation of complex technical data and infrastructure system processes and procedures:
- Work across operations to obtain an in-depth understanding of technical data processes and systems and how data moves through the systems, including data warehouses, integration layer software, structured query procedures, business intelligence software, and access databases that function to support our ODOO ERP and CRM.
- Assist with data clean-up and business rule documentation.
- Guide teams by facilitating discussions to gather, break down, and understand complex requirements from the process owners and translate them into functional and technical requirements.
- Coordinate and/or attend planning sessions with process owners to analyze and define technology needs and requirements:
- Document current and future complex technical business processes, the root problems and limitations of the current process or tool, and articulate how a new solution, process, or application would meet the needs of all users.
- Document discussion and agreements.
- Serve as a liaison between functional and technical project teams to translate and document functional requirements to technical specifications, including mapping of fields from legacy to new systems and applications.
- Develop process flows, swim lane diagrams, and use-cases to illustrate as-is and to-be states to demonstrate to business stakeholders that needs have been fully captured.
- Produce high-quality documentation targeted primarily to technical staff, including visualization, schemas, workflows, technical field mapping, and procedures.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, code documentation and workflows, and developer guides.
- Create and maintain end-user and business user report documentation and consult with report designers to maintain consistent standards across reports and systems.
- Co-create and maintain data dictionaries for reporting systems, data warehouses, and applications.
- Work within teams to map legacy system processes to new system functionality.
- Partners with the Management to ensure data quality
- Validate data during migration to a CRM and ongoing for changes, updates, releases, and the addition of new applications, objects, and tools
- Document validation findings and work to resolve errors by partnering with data service authors
- Test technical requirements for new tools and applications and document and share findings
- Partner to understand both functional and technical requirements and ensure that new tools and applications meet these requirements.
- Partner to test new infrastructure project requirements and functionality
- Assist with validating functional mapping to the user interface during user acceptance testing
- Document and report on the status of quality assurance in project coordination meetings, developing dashboards and reports to assist all teams in monitoring testing progress
- Help drive to testing timelines and milestones
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards
- Support the Quality Team in creating and maintaining our global Management System (ISO 9001 and ISO 27001)
- Follow, track and report on defects in technical processes. Work with the lead testing coordinator to identify and remove impediments and reduce risk.
- Serve as a liaison for new reports and processes between the object architects and end-users.
- Serve as a liaison with the training coordinator to develop training materials targeted to different users
- Acts as liaison between the customer, project manager, and the technical team.
- Attend meetings during all phases of technical process development or review to gather and document current and future state business rules, processes, and technical requirements.
- Meet regularly with subject matter experts to refine understanding and improve technical documentation.
- Capture and encourage consensus in meetings and final materials.
- Monitor project timelines and milestones, follow up on action items, help drive the team to deadlines, and develop realistic expectations in partnership with the project manager and team.
- Communicate gaps and process intersections across departments to understand impacts.
- Assist with testing processes, reports, and other systems to assist with change management, documentation, and compliance with business rules.
- Manage business decision tracking for business processes.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and document report specifications.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data processes:
- Synthesizes business rules, policies, and procedures into impactful materials, including 1-pagers, videos, tutorials, technical documentation, and workflows targeted for varied audiences.
- Presents materials to support communication of policies and procedures across departments.
- Supports communication plans as developed in projects to ensure internal and external communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Process Re-engineering or an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server
- ODOO ERP, CRM, and Business Intelligence Software Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to set strategic goals for business processes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize within a dynamic environment
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers
To apply, please email CV to email@example.com and refer to the job code BSQA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.