Book Sales SpecialistNewsLink Miami
JOB TITLE: Book Sales Specialist
FLSA EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Book Sales Supervisor
TITLES OF DIRECT REPORTS: None
Under close, daily supervision of Store Management, the Book Sales Specialist will sell, stock, record and report on all in-store activities as directed, while actively participating in the overall program for good customer service and house keeping, constantly maintaining a neat and professional personal appearance and hygiene level at all times which is acceptable to customers, as determined solely by Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN ADDITION TO ANY AND ALL OTHERS AS MANAGEMENT MAY ASSIGN:
Possessing the necessary experience and ability for exerting positive influence over critical insole customer service and sales support functions, the Book Sales Specialist must be able to perform the following tasks:
1. Approach customers in a cheerful, pleasant, helpful and courteous manner to include greeting, suggesting selling and departing remarks.
2. Obtain and exhibit a thorough knowledge and understand of all merchandise offered for sale to be able to discuss available options with customers.
3. Operate cash registers and handle sales transactions efficiently and accurately and in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
4. Maintain a thorough awareness of customer, personnel, vendor and merchandise movement within the store and assure security over all company assets.
5. Receive, display and record merchandise shipments and transfers when applicable.
6. Assist in visual merchandising, as directed, keeping work location neat and attractive
7. Process and maintain in-store merchandise inventory records when applicable.
8. Assist in the training and development of the personnel may be requested.
9. Perform store opening and/or closing procedures accurately and efficiently and according to standard operating procedures.
10. Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures.
11. Provide regular and predictable attendance considering any rights to leaves provided by law or company policies.
12. Perform all essential job functions without direct threat of harm to yourself or others.
High School or equivalent diploma preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred.
At least six (6) months in previous position without disciplinary action.
Knowledge of book trends in the publishing world preferred.
Flexible work schedule including holidays and weekends.
Ability to effectively communicate in spoken English.