Test Automation Engineer
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 531815 # of Positions 1
Business Title Test Automation Engineer
Civil Service Title IT AUTOMATION AND MONITORING ENGINEER
Title Code No 95712 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $110,000.00 - $115,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/FS/Sys Test Team/Tester
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency / Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Test Automation Engineer working on the City’s financial accounting system based on CGI’s Advantage ERP solution.
- Develop and deploy test specification cases, processes and standards
- Develop and execute automated and manual test scripts, maintenance routines
- Identify test coverage and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix using HP ALM
- Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for automated test execution
- Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification
- Document and report on test results in HP ALM
Minimum Qual RequirementsGroupBox1
- A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
- Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of HP ALM/Quality Center, and Unified Functional Tester
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge or exposure of object oriented programming (VB Scripting)
- Strong understanding of financial management concepts (accounting and budgeting).
- Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on testing and writing test cases.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on testing with automated functional test and defect tracking tools
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 531815. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
9:00AM - 5:00PM
5 Manhattan West
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 05/10/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer