Data SpecialistNew Horizons Community Mental Health Center, Inc.
Job Summary: The Data Specialist will oversee the development and use of data generated to draw down funding from various funding sources including the State of Florida funding source (SFBHN). The Data Specialist will guarantee that all information to and from NHCMHC is submitted in a timely manner with an accuracy rate of 95%. This position requires a strong aptitude for data and data manipulation, professional demeanor, and excellent trouble shooting skills. The ideal candidate will have strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Other responsibilities/ attributes of the job:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to use multiple operating systems for reporting purposes
- Helps maintain data accuracy by analyzing data entries, identifying errors and coordinating corrections
- The ability to understand and decipher the rules of the SFBHN contract, including becoming familiar with the State of Florida administrative code for Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
- Knowledge and/or experience with healthcare data elements, including diagnosis and procedure codes.
- A working knowledge of healthcare funders including Medicaid and Medicare
- The ability to understand the connection between various data elements to assure that NHCMHC achieves compliance with the outcome measures required by our contracts
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management with emphasis on staff compliance with the required forms
- Knowledge and proficiency in managing electronic medical records
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with persons throughout the organization
- Must be a strong analytical thinker. Effective at understanding problems and developing one or more approaches to solving the problem.
- Must be able to take direction from a knowledge holder that could be a manager, technical staff or user. Quickly learn and apply new business or technical concepts.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to analyze data sets, trends, and patterns
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Basic data analysis and reporting in Excel and Access
- Basic knowledge of flat files including fixed length and delimited and XML
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Experience with FTP
Education Requirements: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health (preferred) or Business or related field Strong background in working with data in a healthcare environment may be substituted for degree