Payroll Manager / AccountantMiami, FL Area Jobs
Miami-Dade Healthcare organization seeking a strong Payroll Manager to join its corporate accounting team. The Payroll Manager will report to the C.F.O. and will be responsible for the operations of payroll services to multiple locations within the county and its 1.000+ employees, focusing on driving best practices and process improvements within all aspects of payroll.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and operating the Kronos Workforce Ready Payroll and Time & Attendance Systems
- Ensuring all payroll functions are in compliance with Department of Labor, IRS, state and federal regulatory guidelines, established company policies and procedures and any significant challenges or issues
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll by managing time & attendance records, validating new hire information, maintaining employee data by entering and updating employment and status change data, payroll deductions, payroll adjustments, etc.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Generating standard payroll reports and developing customized payroll reports as needed.
- Provides guidance, assistance and/or interpretation on payroll related issues to the organization
- Contributes to the companies general accounting processes as needed.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
- In-depth knowledge of payroll calculation and processing, minimum of 3 years payroll experience in mid or large size company with Kronos Workforce Ready Payroll and Time & Attendance systems preferred.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred