Bid Coordinator & Estimator / Project EngineerMiami, FL Area Jobs
Candidate must be self-proficient, motivated, organized, dedicated, and have good work ethics. The candidate will work with management staffs, chief estimator, project managers and superintendents. Job duties will include preparing bid proposals, soliciting trade/subcontractor bids, drafting of working drawings in AutoCAD and provide other administrative support for management staffs. The candidate must demonstrate good writing and verbal communication skills and must have the ability to develop, track and organized office documents as directed by the management staff.
Duties includes, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the chief estimator with the coordination of bid packages for Subcontractors and gathering and assembling bid plans and specifications for distribution to subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be capable of understanding and interpreting construction Work forming part of Contract Documents and Specifications. Assist in the reviewing and processing subcontractor's shop drawings, submittals, RFI's, estimate takeoffs, etc.
- Preparing and drafting of architectural and engineering construction drawings and fabrication shop drawings using AutoCAD.
- Assist in preparing construction project budgets, bid recaps and breakdown cost estimates for change order work.
- Assist management staffs in preparation of Purchase Orders and Subcontract Agreements.
- Performing miscellaneous tasks related to ongoing projects and/or for projects which the company is preparing bid proposals for submission.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate shall be proficient and have the skills for preparation and drafting of architectural & engineering construction drawings and/or fabrication shop drawings using AutoCAD.
- The ideal candidate will have a construction / engineer / architectural college degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 year's experience in architectural AutoCAD drafting and construction quantity take-off estimating.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple projects having multiple deadlines dates for submission of bids.
- Ability to follow up on-going office tasks to achieve timely closure of office Work for Subcontractors and Clients.
- Candidate must be computer literate and be proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Software, including construction scheduling and estimating software programs.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and have good organization skills.
- Fluent in English. It will be an asset if the candidate speaks Spanish.