Coordinator, ControllerMiami Dade County Public Schools
Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), a dynamic and innovative school district and the fourth largest in the nation, is accepting on-line applications for the position of Coordinator, Controller in the Division of General Accounting. Minimum salary is $65,247.
Organizes, directs, coordinates, and reviews the activities of employees responsible for the accounting and reporting of the District's financial statements and other fiscal reports. Assists and provides information to external, internal, federal, and/or state auditors. Ensures financial reports comply with federal, state, local requirements and School Board policies and procedures. Plays a key role in the year-end financial closing account analysis in the preparation of the Annual Financial Report (AFR) and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Directs staff in the performance of general accounting duties to ensure the proper maintenance, posting, and balancing of accounting
- Prepares journal vouchers, monthly balancing and reconciliation of accounts to ensure appropriateness of financial transactions for accurate reporting of revenues, expenditures, assets, liabilities, and fund balances.
- Analyzes and interprets historical data and prepares specialized reports by schools and/or departments to aid management in decision
- Prepares and analyzes schedules, financial statements and reports for submission to auditors, the School Board, and other
- Prepares the year-end workpapers to support the figures included in the Annual Financial Report (AFR) and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Assists in the interpretation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements (GASB, FASB, and other authoritative sources).
- Identifies and resolves variances or discrepancies and communicates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Accounting receives required information for proper financial reporting and
Job Code 0946
- Develops and implements procedures and computerized spreadsheet applications for more efficient operations and cost savings
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation process for new and/or improved information
- Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related Master's preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in Finance or
- Proficient word processing and spreadsheet
- Knowledge of pertinent computer software and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru e-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp Must use internet Explorer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year.
If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Lourdes Rodriguez, Recruiter, Administrative Staffing, at 305-995-1136.
The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida adheres to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and educational programs/activities as specified by Federal and State laws and School Board Policies.