Audit Director/Capital ConstructionMiami Dade County Public Schools
Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), a dynamic and innovative school district and the fourth largest in the nation, is accepting on-line applications for the position ofAUDIT DIRECTOR (Capital Construction) in the Office of Management and Compliance Audits. Salary Range $75,669. to $124,000.
Supervises, coordinates or performs financial, compliance, and operations audits and special reviews of the District's 21st Century Schools Bond ReferendumProgram at the request of the District Audit Director (Operational & Performance Audits) or the Assistant Chief Auditor in order to ensure accountability, enhance internal controls, promote best practices, reduce costs, safeguard assets, and improve services and decision-making.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Plans the scope of the audits and supervises or prepares audit programs related to construction audits with sign-off by the District Audit Director(Operational & Performance Audits). Employs risk assessment techniques to build individual audit programs, increase auditor productivity and effectiveness,and focuses on critical business issues.
- Identifies key control points of the District's 21st Century Schools Bond Referendum Program and analyzes the program's effectiveness through the application of the auditor's knowledge of construction models and business systems to assure compliance with applicable laws, rules, etc.
- Obtains and appraises audit data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion of the activities being audited for reports to management, the Audit andBudget Advisory Committee and the School Board.
- Directs, instructs and coaches staff assigned to the audits and evaluates their work for sufficiency of scope and accuracy and conformity with applicable auditing standards.
- Prepares audit reports and presents audit reports to appropriate administrators. Evaluates the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Collaborates with school site and non-school site administrators in issues regarding audit compliance and operational issues.
- Researches applicable laws, regulations, School Board Policies, and trade-related data to determine risk and audit compliance.
- Performs other duties related to general administrative responsibilities of the position.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in accounting. Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Government Auditor by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience, after obtaining degree, in public accounting, internal auditing construction accounting or finance.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software and technology pertinent to areas of specification.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru e-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Monday, October 15, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year to your profile. If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Lourdes Rodriguez, Recruiter at 305-995-1136 or Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director at 305.995.7247.
The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida adheres to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and educational programs/activities as specified by Federal and State laws and School Board Policies