Southeast Regional Technology Support SpecialistMcClatchy
The Southeast Regional Technology Support Specialist is a critical partner to the East Technology Market Services Manager, assuring the alignment of goals and objectives between the business and McClatchy Technology.
The Support Specialist will assist with communications to and from McClatchy Technology and the markets. The Support Specialists must gain a working knowledge of the systems and processes required by the 14 media markets in the East region. This role assists with the collection of technical data necessary for supporting the local markets, such as project planning and rollouts, monitoring help desk tickets for timely resolution by all technology functional teams, annual user audits and related audit documents, software licensing management, etc.
Note: The location of this position is: The Miami Herald
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gain considerable knowledge of the systems and processes required by the 14 media markets in the East region - specifically the 7 Southeast markets
- Must be passionate about serving McClatchy’s end user community
- Provide oversight to legacy business and operational applications, servers and data centers as needed
- Support McClatchy’s goals for centralization of data centers, applications and processes required in each market
- Have strong project management and organizational skills.
- Assist with the delivery of applications and services to assure the solutions meet business objectives.
- Ensure projects/requests are prioritized appropriately, aligned with the strategy and direction of the organization, and appropriate resources are allocated for their development
- Demonstrate understanding of McClatchy’s security and compliance standards and assist with the quarterly, bi-annual and annual audits as necessary
- Evaluate responsiveness to the markets’ service desk requests and provide escalation path to the Market Services Managers when necessary
- Assist other technology teams with surveying markets and gathering valuable intel during global major incidents or site specific major incidents
- Assist with evaluating and fulfilling markets’ maintenance agreement renewals and with approval for hardware or software purchases (monitors, drives, Office 365, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with peers from other McClatchy Technology functional teams on issues, projects, and ideology
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong organization skills
- Reliable attendance is a requirement of this position