Receptionist - Part TimeMcClatchy
We are looking for a part-time Receptionist to join our Shared Service Center (SSC) located at the Miami Herald in Doral, FL. This position will have a schedule of 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The schedule will vary from week to week, based on business needs and your availability.
Here at McClatchy we look for cheery, happy personalities, traits that sometimes feel undervalued or unwanted, but are truly what we look for in hiring a receptionist. A smiling face over the phone and in-person is really important. Expected to be incredibly organized and friendly, this role is so much more than just picking up the phones. We have the utmost respect for and value our receptionist, as we do with any other position within McClatchy. Our employees are our number one asset.
We need someone with great people skills, who’s welcoming, patient, and confident, to be a success at this job! Are you that person?
So, what will you actually be doing?
- Answering up to 6 lines; screening and forwarding calls
- Greet and announce visitors and assist in locating the appropriate employee
- Distribution of incoming mail and process outgoing and overnight mail; identifying those of highest priority
- Back up for travel management account issues and questions, and hotel contacts for loading local market hotel deals into Egencia (our Travel system)
- Mail Fixed Asset ID tags for new equipment.
- Update spreadsheet and manage pricing emails to McClatchy Resources Clients.
- Process Void/Stop payment requests on checks as needed.
- Create and process bank cash deposit for checks received at SSC.
- Pay invoices or route for payment
- Maintaining office supply inventory and ordering of such supplies
- Assisting with various administrative projects and tasks, as needed
Must haves - Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience as a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or in a Customer Service role
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Polished communication skills, written and verbal, with excellent and professional telephone etiquette
- Sense of urgency is critical
- High Attention to detail
- Self sufficient and motivated
- Polite, positive attitude with a friendly and upbeat demeanor is a definite must!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish would be a plus