Procure to Pay AnalystMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Procure to Pay Analyst for our Shared Services Center (SSC). The SSC was formed to centralize and standardize routine financial processes, transactions and activities. This provides consistency and efficiency of processing for all McClatchy operations, as well as improving compliance with certain federal and state reporting requirements. Equally important to its mission is leveraging McClatchy’s consolidated buying power to negotiate optimal quality and value in sourcing contracts for goods and services. The SSC offices are located in Doral, Florida.
The Procure to Pay Analyst will perform the core functions of the Procure to Pay processes including, but not limited to:
- Identify and implement opportunities to generate savings thru spend analysis and leveraged buying
- Create and analyze Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Negotiate and prepare contracts for suppliers of goods and services
- Conduct competitive sourcing activities to identify suppliers of goods and services while adhering to company-wide initiatives related to savings
- Manage supplier relationships, monitor performance and remedy as necessary
- Understand the accounts payable and procurement month end closing process.
- Manage the flow of accounts payable transactions and payments on a daily basis to ensure process completed and check run initiated
- Deliver extraordinary customer service by responding to inquiries and concerns
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Maintain acceptable performance standards, including effectiveness, efficiency and quality
- Make appropriate and timely decisions according to department standards, procedures and policies
- Design and implement process improvements to reduce cost, gain efficiency and improve customer service
- Work on various special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related field OR comparable relevant work experience
- Thorough understanding of Accounting Principles through hands-on experience via internship, coursework or professional experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Windows
- Ability to work on a self-directed team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and accurate decision-making skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Project Management
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft, Query writing, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with sourcing suppliers, working with contracts, spend analysis, RFPs, negotiations and managing vendor relationships