Local Delivery DriverMac Edwards Produce & Co., Inc.
This is an immediate opening for Delivery Truck Driver. You will be home every night! Position will deliver refrigerated food items to local (South Florida) customers, rotate their coolers, process paperwork , follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service.
Position requires assisting in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor.
Basic Requirements :
- CDL not required but preferred. Employee will be responsible for operating 18 to 20 foot box truck.
- We will not consider unless you have seven years driving experience.
- Must be insurable by our insurance company.
- Must pass drug screening test and submit to random testing during employment.
- Must pass background check Warehouse, construction, pallet jack and forklift experience desired.
- Six months route delivery experience or applicable driving background.
- Knowledge of the tri-county area.
- Good communication skills and professional manner dealing with customers and fellow associates.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times. Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, comply with all DOT regulations, and perform pre-trip inspections. Report accidents and injuries immediately and/or any damage to the equipment or person. Responsible for upkeep/cleanliness of vehicles at the end of shift - clean cab and box. Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor. Perform other duties as directed by management. Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
Frequent moving of product up to 50 pounds during the shift; Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck. Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to work in cold storage environment Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions (hot weather, rain, and extreme cold temperatures)
Full-time Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour