Delivery DriverKingston-Miami Trading Co.
Caribbean foods distributor is looking for a delivery driver to service both Miami-Dade and Broward County. Driver is responsible for the safe unloading and delivery of dry grocery products to customers. Driver must have a class B driver's license, a great communicator, must be able to do simple mathematical calculations. Driver must also have a clean driving record. Previous experience a plus. Forklift certified is a plus.
We provide major benefits including competitive salaries, health insurance, and vacation.
Delivery Driver Job Duties:
• Assist in loading and unloading vehicle with items to be delivered
• Ensure that items are properly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle
• Take delivery instructions from supervisors
• Chart out appropriate route for delivery on the map or GPS
• Maintain proper knowledge of loaded items
• Ensure that appropriate and complete documentation is available at the time of loading
• Drive vehicle to the point of delivery by using the best possible route
• Make sure that speed limits are adhered to in order to ward off possible misadventures
• Ensure that the vehicle’s paperwork is in order
• Assist in unloading items off the vehicle in a safe manner
• Ensure that delivery receipts are signed
• Collect payments for deliveries made and tend change
• Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in company provided log books
• Check vehicle for possible wear and tear
• Ensure that both general and preventative maintenance measures are performed on the vehicle
• Change vehicle fluids on a regular basis
• Clean vehicle from the inside and the outside
• Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting activities on vehicle when needed
• Ensure that the delivery schedule is followed
• Handle invoice discrepancies by informing superiors of problems and complaints