Construction Project ManagerJRT Construction
Full Time Position Responsibilities: The Project Manager/Superintendent candidate shall be responsible for the efficient scheduling, management, and coordination of all sub-contractors, suppliers, construction trades, and labor crews to ensure utmost quality and maximize project profitability. The Candidate must demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, and must have at least 5 years of construction experience in commercial, institutional, or governmental experience as a Project Manager or Superintendent, and ideally possess a construction related bachelor's degree.
The Candidate shall have the ability to thoroughly understand and follow plans, project specifications & documents. The Candidate will be required to perform construction related activities including but not limited to:
· Permit document administration and control.
· Complete review and understanding of subcontractor's scope of work.
· Coordinate safety meetings and overall project safety.
· Site layout & control of bench marks.
· Control project access & traffic.
· Tool/equipment inventory, coordination, & rental
· Developing and monitoring the construction schedule.
· Monitor the day to day construction activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
· Complete schedule updates, daily field reports, & prepare 2-week look ahead schedules.
· Maintain accurate "As Built" drawings for final submittal.
· Coordinate inspections and maintain records of all inspections.
· Coordinate, schedule, and maintain records of all project testing.
· Coordinate Final inspections, maintain proper close-out documentation, and prepare and follow up on the executions of Punch Lists.
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a construction superintendent in commercial, institutional, or government work.
· Must have proven leadership abilities and have exceptional communication and organization skills.
· Must have project scheduling and document control experience.
· Must have a thorough understanding of construction practices and proven ability to supervise trades persons.
· Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks with varied deadlines as the job duty demands.
· Strong knowledge of OSHA safety standards and procedures
· Computer literate including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· References will be required and will be verified.
· A construction related bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
· Fluent in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
The employee candidates will be subject to a background check.