Financial & Business Analyst
About the Job
Responsible for exhibiting Peribeca’s mission, vision and values, regarding external customers, vendors, and co-workers. The Financial & Business Analyst supports management and the corporation through the evaluation of financial reports: income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets; also, determine how company’s finances will impact business operations. The Financial & Business Analyst must be able to present data analysis and interpretation in clear, compelling ways to facilitate decision making by finance and operations personnel. Additionally, the Financial & Business Analyst will be responsible for assisting with budget development, project financial forecasting and development of other project metrics, as well as generating project analytics such as cost to complete, burn rate analysis and cause of change cost assessments for all of our projects.
The Financial & Business Analyst is responsible for monthly and quarterly analysis and presentation of financial results on Capital and Operations to senior management and accounting personnel. Assists in the development of the strategic plan, project budgets, performance indicators, processes and the target benchmarks. Meets in person, at a minimum, quarterly with management to discuss key performance indicators and key financial information. Utilize financial packages to upload budget and forecast. Prepare payroll, payroll related projections, margins, expenses, and other financial items. Process invoices and/or payments. Create tools or systems, including databases and spreadsheets, to improve financial data analysis and reporting. Last but not least, he or she performs all other duties as assigned by the Manager, Financial planning and analysis related duties as required.
(include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Assist company’s management in financial and accounting aspects of all company products and services.
- Generate analytical reporting to fully examine revenue metrics, forecast metrics, expense metrics, market share metrics, or sales performance metrics.
- Conduct data analysis, reconcile multiple data sources, and monitor growth expectation for key customers based on application assumptions in forecast and market trends.
- Work with managers to develop project budgets.
- Work with managers on cost control and overall project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability.
- Prepare and manage project financial dashboards, including monthly project analytics.
- Maintain the financial folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including variance analysis, labor consumption and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements.
- Budget Management of the Company in order to monitor the expenses and to assure the funding of the operations.
- Assist General Manager compile qtrly/monthly performance measurement reports & draft recommendations based on said performance.
- Conduct business analysis to create business requirements, use-case scenarios, data flow diagrams, function specifications and other technical documentation.
- Establishment and development of the action plan needed to achieve the short-, medium- and long-term objectives and the metrics (KPIs) to appraise its effectiveness.
- Helping to summarize key themes and assumptions found in research reports produced by project analysts.
- Review existing policies and control procedures to ensure full compliance with government statutes and regulations.
- Perform some accounting and administrative tasks
- Prepare and analyze timely Cash Flow and Financial Statements, Balance Sheets, and Profit & Lost (P&L) reports.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation to the general ledger, and post Journal entries.
- Reviewing and analyzing annual budget and strategic financial plan
- Perform aging analysis of all account receivables.
- Evaluate and document Company’s internal controls to ensure full compliance with internal and regulatory agencies policies and procedures.
- Propose administrative enhancements to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Implement Financial Models and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Forecasts.
- Use projected financial figures to prepare the company’s annual operational and investment budgets.
- Coordinate the budgeting process and monitor expenditures to ensure that such are within budgets.
- Analyze the variables that directly cause the cost of work activities to occur and those that influence the actual cost of such work activities.
- Analyzing the overall cost of work activities completed, and the market value of the outputs produced from such work activities.
- Perform Statistical Analysis to identify variance between predicted/specified budgeted financial figures and actual expended figures.
- Perform other related duties.
Education and/or Desired Skills:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or related fields
- 3 years of experience in business analysis, revenue analysis, forecast processes and systematic tracking, sales operations
- Advanced proficiency with productivity software (Excel, Word, Windows apps), finance and accounting systems
- Understanding of statistics, data valuation and business, and strong computers skills
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting
- Highly analytical, passionate for details, and quantitative mind, capable of translating analytical insights into actions
- Strong cross functional skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work independently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To apply, please e-mail your resume in PDF or Word format with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and refer to the job code FBA.