Seeking a Medical Assistant which processes patients and handles the initial intake of information. The Medical Assistant ensures the patient has a high-quality experience and anticipates all the patient's needs. This position also ensures that all clinical needs such as prescriptions, orders, samples, etc. are completed prior to the end of the appointment. The Medical Assistant must manage the physician's productivity by keeping timely patient flow and utilizing communication to move patients through the office. This position will use problem-solving skills to assist patients and respond to internal needs. Knowledge of EHR system such as Athena a plus. The candidate should be bilingual ( English/Spanish) with good writing skills.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Summary
- Greet patients in a courteous and friendly manner. Provide excellent patience services and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Take vitals, chief complaint, patient history information and draws blood, if needed.
- Ensure all necessary records are loaded in the patient's chart. This includes lab results, previous medical records for the new patients.
- Input Patient Information into EHR System.
- Provide the patient with prescriptions, samples diagnostic test orders, etc. as per provider's orders.
- Ensure the patient understands all orders and instructions given to the patient by the provider.
- Ensure all the patient's clinical questions and needs are resolved prior to leaving the office.
- Any medically urgent calls are to be addressed immediately.
- Call patients on clinical matters as per provider's instruction.
- Ensure all rooms are cleaned and properly stocked prior to each patient entering the room.
- Schedule patient appointments in the Practice Management system as needed.
- Duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications: * Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people and uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains a positive work atmosphere and excellent skills in communicating with patients, co-workers and supervisors.