IT SpecialistFlorida Keys Mosquito Control District
Primary Base: Marathon, FL
The successful candidate will coordinate between the FKMCD and external vendors, contractors in relation to IT-related infrastructure and development. The candidate will consult with our IT department Network Coordinator on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. We're looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous employees and vendors to ensure continued success through District projects.
The Information Technology Specialist will be responsible for all Information Technology (IT) systems and user activities for our Upper, Middle Keys and Lower Keys locations and be expected to support daily mosquito control operations as required.
- The IT Specialist will monitor, maintain and assist in upgrading all FKMCD IT systems.
- The IT Specialist will report to the IT Network Coordinator and must be able to work with minimum supervision and be able to travel the Florida Keys as necessary.
- Responsible for daily maintenance, backups, upgrades, troubleshooting of FKMCD applications and systems.
- Share Responsibility for new user creation, permission and groups.
- Maintenance and monitoring of enterprise applications, including our fleet tracking system and mosquito control application "FieldSeeker" which utilize a MSSQL database.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands Manage daily backups and its verification
- Assist in developing new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction Coordinate the needs of IT Network Coordinator and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Assist in protecting organization data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Assist the IT Network Coordinator in the development and maintenance of technical documentation Responsible for supporting the IT Department inventory control Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Will be required to travel 20% of the time trough out the District
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required or Industry certifications: MCSA / MCSE Windows server 2012 (AD, PowerShell) Exchange 2016 Esri / ArcGIS Cisco CCNA
Strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and routing. Firewall Technologies Excellent IT, communication, management skills
Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
Note: Professional experience as described above can substitute for the required college education. Also certifications such as MSCE can be accepted in lieu of formal education at the discretion of the IT Network Coordinator.
A valid Florida Driver's License is required.