Manager of Advancement Services (530505)
Manager of Advancement Services
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Manager of Advancement Services to join our team of professionals.
- Responsible for execution of Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) Ignitestaff and faculty giving campaign and meeting mutually agreed upon giving goals in collaboration with leadership. Assists in monitoring progress of overall fund-raising goals for HWCOM supporting efforts to increase funding to meet goals and objectives for HWCOM and for the University. Partners with Annual Fund team to ensure a pipeline of donors are identified, cultivated and solicited at all giving levels. Implements recognition programs to honor donors.
- Coordinates with development team and University Donor Relations and Stewardship on the completion of endowment reports, ensuring reports are completed accurately, donor meetings are scheduled and that endowment reports are delivered timely to donors.
- Manages donations by collaborating with FIU Gift Services and HWCOM Finance staff members to ensure all payments are recorded properly, accounts are created according to donor's intent and there is proper follow up on outstanding pledge payments. Ensures that gifts are entered and processed timely and that donors receive the appropriate acknowledgement.
- Handles donated funds in the forms of checks, stocks and other negotiable securities. Responsible for ensuring compliance with University and State of Florida statutes, guidelines, and policies and procedures associated with budget and procurement.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and collaborates with HWCOM Finance and University Foundation to ensure that contracts, invoices, and communications are handled professionally, and payments are made accurately and timely.
- Conduct data analysis and reports on donation trends and impact. Uses social media and digital tools to boost donor engagement in collaboration with Marketing and Communication. Conducts donor surveys to gauge satisfaction and expectations. Assists with grant proposals. Manages individual donor relationships and corporate partners.
- Assists in the development of fiscal year budget for the unit in collaboration with HWCOM Development leadership and HWCOM Finance team.
- Develops event budgets, ensuring accurate financial record keeping, recording, and tracking expenditures and ensuring the best possible expenditure versus income ratio for each event is achieved.
- Assists in implementing strategies to ensure successful solicitation of gifts in support of HWCOM initiatives.
- Drafts, designs, and prepares proposals needed for the solicitation of prospective donors. Collaborates with Editorial Services as appropriate. Documents contact and prospects moves, tracking progress using Raiser's Edge, adhering to University Advancement prospect management guidelines and protocol.
- Drafts, designs, and prepares personalized materials needed for the recognition and stewardship of donors, including gift acknowledgment. Collaborates with Donor Relations and Stewardship as appropriate.
- In collaboration with HWCOM Development leadership, develops materials to support the overall mission and strategic initiatives of HWCOM development efforts, including annual reports, eblasts and other online content. Collaborates with the Marketing and Public Relations unit on all proper communications involving donors or fund-raising initiatives.
- Manages event logistics for HWCOM donor related events, such as the Dean's Advisory Council. Coordinates meetings, campus tours, fund raising and donor appreciation events. Engages and collaborates with all appropriate units to ensure a successful donor experience.
- Plans and executes major biennial fundraising event (Sapphire Gala) collaborating with Development leadership, other units and external vendors to ensure a successful event. Builds strong sponsorship commitment and support from prospective donors to achieve HWCOM fundraising goals.
- Ensures that HWCOM Give website is regularly updated, including the donor designation options; and that website adequately reflects the impact of donor giving. Communicates importance of giving and makes the giving process simple and manageable for donors.
- Drives to off campus meetings and events as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and four (4) years related business or administrative experience, or Master's degree in business or related field and two (2) years related business or administrative experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 530505.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.