Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an HR Specialist to join our team of professionals.
- Responsible for the complete recruitment and on-boarding process for assigned administrative, staff and temporary positions of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM).
- Develops relationships with unit managers, assesses staffing needs and implements strategic recruitment plans to successfully identify appropriate candidates. Provides ongoing guidance and recommendations to hiring officials throughout the recruitment life cycle.
- Develops a complete compensation analysis for all finalists based on internal salary comparisons, education, years of experience, market information and internal equity. Presents offer recommendations to hiring officials and provides guidance to reach a final offer determination. Negotiates salary offers with all finalists.
- Oversees the Time & Labor process for HWCOM employees. Provides guidance to unit managers and employees regarding Time & Labor in accordance with wage and hour employment laws. Independently resolves time reporting issues and/or discrepancies.
- Coordinates the follow-up and communication plan for the Performance Excellence Process (Annual Employee Evaluation Process) for HWCOM Administrative and Staff employees. Develops and analyzes periodic reports and addresses performance concerns with the HWCOM HR leadership team as needed. Provides support to all supervisors with any questions they may have.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports with employee data to specific teams within the college.
- Provides support to the HR leadership team with any special projects, trainings and/or events as needed.
- Develops and maintains internal departmental processes and procedures in collaboration with the HWCOM HR leadership team.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional human resource experience.
Experience in recruitment & selection.
Experience with Time & Labor processes and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526772. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.