Digital Communications & AV Project Engineer, FIU (Washington, DC)
Digital Communications & AV Project Engineer – FIU (Washington, DC) – Job ID: 525448
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Reports to the Associate Vice President and the Assistant Director, Advocacy Programming and Communications and collaboratively reports to the division of Information Technology, Media Technology Services for coordination of daily support and maintenance of all AV systems. This position will assist the departments in the delivery of digital communications products and technical expertise for all events at FIU Washington, DC.
- Supports the digital communications team in the execution of video capture and editing, podcasting, social media, and graphic design.
- Oversees design and content creation on behalf of the department as it pertains to the operation and digital signage program for the University using appropriate Content Management System. Creates graphic and/or interactive training resources and related documentation, as dictated by project design, with knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After effects, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Assists with supporting all proprietary applications used within the department, such as Zoom, Social Tables, Four Winds, Cyber Cafe, Venus Content Manager, Pharos Print Management system, Door Access, SSRS, When I Work, 7 Point OPS, Qualtrics and similar platforms, etc.
- Provides support for delivery of academic and instructional content as needed. Provides after-hours support for events and systems maintenance.
- Provides technical leadership at special FIU events making use of software such as EMS, Meeting Matrix, Social Tables for the planning of all functions.
- Manages programming of audio-visual systems using Creston software as well as music that is played throughout the entire building.
- Manages projects that require knowledge of Qualtrics and Adobe Suite software.
- Manages lighting design and programming for all intelligent lighting systems to include special themes for event functions.
- Manages programming of audio-visual systems using Crestron software as well as music that is played throughout the entire facility.
- Serves as the backup to ensure maximum uptime with all hardware, such as, LCD screens, Electronic Message Boards (EMBs) door access system, phone charging stations, and other digital assets. Assists with server administration of systems within FIU in DC's data center.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Crestron based audio, visual systems, lighting systems, common areas, multipurpose room, classroom, executive board room, pantry areas and offices.
- Responsible for the management of core systems/processes such as Social Tables, Video Surveillance, Reclaim Hub, departmental website, two-radio system, and other digital assets.
- Coordinates with DoIT for timely and accurate maintenance schedule for AV systems. Manages access schedule to venues and is responsible for oversight of building audio visual hardware and software as well as inventories. Manages vendor quotations, deliverables, installations and repairs of all audio-visual systems.
- Provides timely and accurate procurement of required equipment for projects and provides leadership at job sites. Supports the DoIT on technical decisions and planning for AV upgrades.
- Coordinates projects with facilities management pertaining to electricity, conduits, data drops and infrastructure to install, maintain and repair all AV systems.
- Provides leadership with managing daily job assignments of student intern employees.
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Associate degree or relevant certification in related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Three (3) years of experience in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000 – Commensurate with experience.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #525448.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.