AV Engineer I
AV Engineer I
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a AV Engineer I to join our team of professionals.
- Provides support, maintains, and troubleshoots Audio Visual(AV) systems (e.g. Crestron, Polycom, EMS) in learning facilities (classrooms and simulation center) and conference rooms for the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM). Provides support for end users and collaborates with other IT staff members as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Performs equipment and application testing. Schedules and conducts systems training for classroom support staff and end users in support of college events and new applications.
- Works with consultants and vendors on escalated troubleshooting efforts, parts replacements, and new AV systems installation. Performs testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Provides setup and operational support for sound and multimedia systems for HWCOM.
- Evaluates new products, technologies, and systems. Creates proposals and recommends equipment for AV upgrades and installations. Assist in the purchasing of AV equipment and systems.
- Ensures that AV system configuration and integration of hardware and software applications meet the needs of the HWCOM.
- Involved with AV projects coordination and implementation.
- Provides documentation on setup, configuration, and use of AV Systems.
- Serves as a liaison between HWCOM and FIU Media Technology Services wide subject matter experts.
- Assists in implementing IT procedures and guidelines.
- Assists faculty and end users with video production; edits course capture videos and publishes to the end users.
- Uploads and updates course content to the learning management system.
- Maintains an inventory of AV equipment and a log of repair, service, and preventive maintenance activities.
- Acts as a resource for technical assistance and support regarding iLearn lab equipment; manages and troubleshoots equipment and assists with AV setups.
- Assists with managing the operations of the AV and Classroom support services.
- Serves as backup Classroom Support for Graduate Certificate Program (GCP).
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Associates' degree or relevant certification in related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. One (1) year of experience in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Working knowledge and operation of audio visual systems, preferably in an academic environment.
Experience with operational support and troubleshooting for Crestron systems.
Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS.
Working knowledge of industry standard concepts, best practices, and procedures.
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
Ability to document existing and new processes.
Experience with working in academic environment preferred.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 529011.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.