Our company is a general contractor company that specializes in high-end construction, interior remodeling and additions in the residential and commercial sector. We are currently seeking an experience Electronics Designer to work in our Davie office.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a support position where the Electrical Designer will develop design and construction documents in Revit and AutoCAD platforms for building lighting and power systems and specialty technology systems, including Voice/Data, Access Control, and CCTV security systems design for residential and commercial buildings. Included in the responsibilities will be performing short circuit and voltage drop calculations and performing overcurrent protective device coordination studies. The Electrical Designer will also help develop construction specifications, perform site surveys, and review construction submittals. This person would develop into having the ability to understand what features and benefits our clients want by communicating with our sales staff, as this position also requires coordination with other building design trades within the Company. Additionally, the Electronics Designer will participate in preparing the Project Specifications Book and cost estimates, entertaining clients with presentations and analyzing their observations, and fine-tuning all electronic elements, ensuring that changes are reflected in all other construction or bidding sheets. Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project's purpose and budgetary need. Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents, including construction scheduling and costs. Perform other assigned tasks and projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include, but not limited to:
- Design home automation systems (Automation, Video, Networks, Security, Lighting, & CCTV).
- Design wiring and component plans.
- Design network and power configurations.
- Evaluating Client's assessments to identify needs, requirements, budget constraints, and expectations.
- Analyzing all elements and determine the feasibility of achieving them based on budget and time constraints, building codes, and field conditions.
- Proposing realistic alternatives to those elements originally proposed but that are not feasible for construction.
- Discussing with clients the newly proposed alternatives for final approval.
- Participating in the preparation of Project Specification Book, ensuring that all trades and other elements are covered and based on acceptable standards of construction, current building codes, and appropriate use of materials.
- Assist in determining the technical scope of work, Prepare RFPs, evaluate proposals and select consultants.
- Conduct and direct engineering planning and design.
- Create proposals for sales staff.
- Assists in site surveys.
- Assist in developing cost estimates and procuring equipment and installation materials.
- Complete job status reports, expense reports, safety logs, as-built drawings, and other documentation as required.
- Organize and coordinate weekly meetings to discuss installation activities, changes, and developments with the customer and site personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Our Perfect Candidate:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree of Science in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 4 + years of relevant design experience in building lighting and power systems for residential and commercial properties.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience Programming BAS/DDC system for commercial buildings.
- Strong knowledge of Controls Engineering fundamentals and HVAC & electrical concepts.
- Ability to understand house plans, electrical components, and some programming.
- Fluency with MS Office
- Fluency with CAD type systems
- Residential A/V Systems
- Residential Security Systems
- Residential Lighting Systems
- Residential Networks
To apply, E-mail your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and refer to the job code EDE.