This is routine custodial work involving cleaning and maintaining buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds. The work involves a variety of housekeeping tasks which are specific in nature and follow a well-established and clearly prescribed routine. Work is performed under the direction of the Lead, Head or Master Custodian as prescribed by the site or supervising administrator, and according to standard work methods, practices and procedures. Work is subject to inspection during progress and upon completion. These inspections, special projects or work may be conducted or directed by any of the following: site administrators or Master Custodians.
1. Accomplishes a job assignment which involves the cleaning and maintenance of buildings, facilities and grounds using standard work methods, practices and procedures established by the Department of Plant Operations.
2. Collects and removes trash from building(s), facilities and grounds.
3. Scrubs, mops, waxes and polishes floors; dusts, cleans and sanitizes as necessary: windows, woodwork, furniture, appliances, restrooms, fixtures and equipment, and other building and equipment surfaces as assigned.
4. Loads and unloads materials, equipment, supplies; moves and sets-up furniture and equipment.
5. Assists in daily cleaning of cafeteria (if within assigned work area) facilities and project cleaning of kitchen facilities.
6. Maintains lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and other plants immediately adjacent to buildings, facilities and fence lines. Applies fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides as instructed.
7. Assists with or performs the minor repair or servicing of buildings and equipment.
8. Maintains all custodial equipment including grounds equipment.
Job Code 5615 (5605 – Hourly)
9. Attends District required training and certification classes.
10. Maintains record of all requested supplies.
11. Performs related work as required or as assigned.
This is heavy work which requires the following physical activities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (40 lbs. minimum), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The worker is exposed to cold, heat, noise, vibration, hazards, oils and atmospheric conditions. The work is performed indoors and outdoors. May be required to work fourteen (14) feet above the floor or ground level with or without reasonable aids and be able to perform cleaning tasks at forty-feet (40) above the ground or floor when requested.