Senior Logistics DispatcherDel Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc
Senior Logistics Dispatcher (Exempt)
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers by exceeding their expectations.
- Carrier/Broker sourcing and development is a primary function of this position.
- Dispatch Company controlled freight and support of sales and commodity group managers.
- Negotiating rates with Carriers/Broker for expedited loads, re-routes, and new lanes.
- Meet or exceed rate expectations as defined by corporate pricing.
- Manage tendering process via Produce Pro to route the lowest cost provider.
- Maintain billing and dispatch accuracy of 98% or greater.
- Dispatch/coordinating between carrier drivers/dispatch and sales.
- Post freight on various load boards and call carriers/broker to book loads.
- Confirming/verify rate via load tendering process.
- Verify carrier is set up and with Del Monte Carrier/Broker standards.
- Follow company policy for processes and procedures.
- Managing demurrage, detention, layover, and other accessorial costs in accordance with company process and solve driver/carrier/broker issues.
- Maintain on time Pick-Up and Delivery performance of 97% or better.
- Update/track carrier/driver location information within company guidelines.
- Maintain carrier profile information.
- Back up other dispatch positions.
- Manage other logistics coordinators or dispatcher.
- Assist Branch Manager or Director, Logistics Services in leadership duties and reports when instructed.
- Work hours.
- 50 to 60 hours per week as needed.
- Brokerage experience.
- High school diploma or general educational development, but college degree preferred.
- 3-6 years of transportation and 3rd party dispatch experience in sourcing and developing carriers and routing.
- Work independently, great communicator & customer service skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Problem solving/investigation skills.
- Filling/copying/data entry experience and analytical skills/accurate typing skills.
- Ability to coordinate high volume phone skills.
- Computer experience with microsoft office including excel and outlook.
- 2 years brokerage experience.