Certified Police OfficerCITY OF AVENTURA
OPEN POSITION Title: Certified Police Officer Department:
Police Location: Government Center Salary:
Starting pay $59,364.27 - $90,777.82, depending on applicant qualifications
Official City Application Required
The City is accepting applications for F/T Certified Police Officers for openings and open Reserve Officer positions. Certified means you have graduated from an accredited police academy, and possess a valid State of Florida Law Enforcement certificate on date application is submitted.
Must pass thorough background investigation, polygraph, psychological, medical and drug screen. Must successfully pass a physical agility test within the last 6 months prior to application as administered by a certified FDLE training center. Applicants must have successfully completed a swim test administered by a certified FDLE training center. Passing scores must be submitted at time of application.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School graduation/GED and 3 years Military Service or college degree (AA/AS).
- Valid Florida driver's license w/no record of DUI, suspension or revocation in any state.
- US Citizen
- Good physical condition
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and courtesy in dealing with a variety of people
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Ability to use mobile or hand-held radio & related communication equipment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to maintain objectivity in making decisions
- Good moral character without felony conviction, or misdemeanor, conviction for perjury or false statement.
The following documents are required with employment application: High School Diploma and 3 years Military Service or AA/AS Degree; Physical Agility Test/PBAT results; Swim test results; and job specific certificates (if certified). Candidates currently enrolled in a Law Enforcement Academy/Basic Recruit Class may apply to the position meeting the basic requirements. All required documents must be submitted with the application with the exemption of the state certification. Candidates are required to submit verification of enrollment at Law Enforcement Academy/Basic Recruit Class (i.e. Acceptance letter).
Official City of Aventura application required. Apply online at www.cityofaventura.com/jobs