Food and Beverage General ManagerCenterplate
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
We are seeking an experienced Food & Beverage General Manager for the Miami Beach Convention Center. The ideal candidate will have high-end Catering (Gala) and Convention Center experience. Luxury five or four star/diamond hotel experience is also preferred.
About the Miami Beach Convention Center:
Located in the heart of South Beach, the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC) is undergoing a $615 million renovation and expansion, which will set a high standard of excellence and redefine meeting and entertainment solutions when hosting large-scale business, trade, civic and cultural events. The dynamic and international City of Miami Beach is a unique, sophisticated, urban paradise, offering world-class business amenities and cosmopolitan facilities in a laid-back tropical atmosphere. Visitors of the Miami Beach Convention Center reap the benefits when they choose to meet in this city, where combining business with pleasure is as effortless as convening a conference on a waterfront terrace.
Miami Beach's professional design team consisting of nationally recognized Fentress Architects, the local design firm of Arquitectonica, and international landscape architects West 8, have designed a project that will position itself among the top globally significant convention centers in the world. Built in 1957, the center has expanded throughout the years from its original 108,000 square feet to its current size of 1.4 million square feet. The new LEED certified facility will include nearly 500,000 sqare feet of renovated exhibit space, a state-of-the-art, 60,000 square foot grand ballroom, additional meeting rooms with flexible arrangements, a 20,000 square foot glass rooftop junior ballroom, advanced technology, and new versatile indoor/outdoor public spaces. The reimagined Miami Beach Convention Center is unveiling in 2018 but open for business now.
The General Manager is charged with general oversight and leadership of all food and beverage operations, and in some cases, merchandising operations. He or she serves as the linchpin for communications, support and resource allocation to optimize unit profitability and meet the day-to-day operating budget.
The General Manager will provide hands-on leadership to facilitate dining experiences that exceed guest expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. The General Manager's highest priorities will be to ensure that Centerplate's standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
The General Manager will plan and prepare for events and activities according to anticipated guest attendance and client expectations, will provide hands-on management and oversight, and will direct and support post-event activities, reconciliation and reporting.
The General Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas such as administration, culinary production, hospitality, warehousing, sales, accounting and cash management to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications.
- Oversees the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
- Communicates and promotes Centerplate's culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
- Ensures compliance with company standards, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manages the financial performance of the venue through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
- Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous senior leadership experience within a diverse, contract-managed food and beverage environment, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Centerplate. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.