Special Education Teacher AssistantBright Children Day Care, Inc.
Hialeah, FL Full-time
Posted on April 28, 2019
Special Education Teacher Assistant
- Implement under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Demonstrate understanding of students disabilities.
- Monitor individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, assemblies, field trips, etc.) maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Promote good study habits and student independence.
- Provide, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. self-esteem, behavioral skills, daily living skills, etc.)
- Documents student's daily activities.
- Monitor student's daily schedule and behavior plan (e.g. class schedule, toileting, medication, appetite, etc.).
- Maintain classroom equipment and work area.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience working in Special Education Area, with kids with behavior disorders or other special conditions.
Bright Children Day Care, Inc.