FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR
FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR
Bridgewater College is seeking a full-time Financial Aid Counselor. The Financial Aid Counselor will be the primary point of customer service excellence for the team. This position will be responsible for communicating with a diverse group of students and families via email, phone, and in-person. The position will educate students and families on the topics of the FAFSA, the Virginia TAG application, and other routine issues related to the financial aid awarding process.
- Serve as main point-person in answering incoming phone calls/monitor the financial aid email inbox and respond as needed
- Counsel students and families about financial aid policies and procedures, FAFSA completion and loan options
- Communicate with students about routine issues related to their financial aid
- Have a well-rounded understanding of the entire financial aid process to route issues or resolve issues
- Responsible for awarding financial aid on a bi-weekly basis for all eligible College students
- Represent the College at recruiting and orientation events
- Responsible for processing incoming mail daily
- Assist with the awarding of endowed scholarships
- Assist with certifying federal PLUS and private loans
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid and Associate Director of Financial Aid with special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague or another ERP database preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and flexible approach to working with people and their circumstances
- Goals/results-oriented approach to work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years:
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761